My Titanium Rebuild
Just last week, i was commenting to my wife at how happy I was with my LST2, and how finally it was running perfectly .. and since I do not like aluminum parts, there was nothing else I wanted to add to it .. so as far as the LST2 was concerned … I was done ..
I did not like aluminum parts, mainly because my recent experience with a Integy aluminum roll bar, which bent the first time the truck flipped over .. but I was never told about Titanium !!
So a few days back I was browsing the “for sale” forums at Maxbashing, when I see for sale Titanium parts for the LST2 .. now I know titanium is strong as hell, and light as an alloy can be, so I threw the “I am done” comment to the wind and started buying ..
One thing led to another and by the time I was done, I had almost as many new parts enough to build another truck
Here is a picture of most of the parts that I got, most of them “pre-loved” at an amazing discount.
– Flextech titanium arms set
– HCR Titanium chassis
– HCR Titanium F/R Upper Tower Brace x2
– HCR Titanium F/R Bulkhead Brace x2
– HCR Titanium Upper Hingepin Brace x2
– HCR Titanium Lower Hingepin Brace x2
– HCR Titanium Battery Skid
– New Era silver steering knuckles
– New Era silver C hubs
– RD Logics twin stinger exhaust & manifold
– Dynamite engine brace (not pictured)
– Losi hard anodized engine (not pictured)
– TiNI spur gears
– Crazy nut racing brake discs
– Gearbox with Forward only conversion
– Losi hard anodized front, centre and rear skid plates (not pictured)
– Bad Ass creations V2 Steering link (not pictured)
So, with only 3 days left before the next racing day, i got to work ..
I dismantled the LST2 .. and what a mess I was left with, I never split apart the LST2 like this, so I am hoping I remember how to put it all together 😀
I started with the main Ti chassis plate, and before I knew it, I was on my way to a good start, I must say, Losi did a great job on this truck, by making the front and the back virtually identical, and using the 2 tier plate system, it’s just so easy to work on it.
Since the Flextec arms are designed for the LST C hubs, I had to do some major shimming, I was going to order the RPM adaptors to use the RPM arms with the LST2, but the shims seems to do just as good of a job.
So once that was done, I also setup the new wing mount that I got to replace the one I broken :p … and so far, this is how it looks
Looking good so far …